Thursday, January 3, 2008

Passing of Ginty Jocius

Ginty Jocius died on January 2, 2008. He was the owner of Ginty Jocius and Associates, Guelph -- an agricultural marketing and communications company. He also built Canada's Outdoor Farm Show, in Woodstock, Ontario.
See the Guelph Mercury for full story .
See obit in Kitchener-Waterloo Record.
I worked for Ginty in 1987. He would have been only about 41 years old back then, and full of life and vigor. His company was small at that time, but he was well on his way to building it up. I admired him, and as a young man in my 20s, was fascinated by his work ethic and his mind. I was only with his company for eight months, but he left such an indelible mark on me. My condolences to his family. The agriculture world has lost a great man.

No comments: