Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Monster commentator

I just finished watching game four of the Rangers vs. Sabres in the NHL playoffs. TSN commentator Pierre McGuire makes me angry. I can't stand his delivery. I can't stand his tone. I can't stand his pitch. That's the way he talks. In threes. "Jaromir Jagr is all about speed. He's all about strength. He's all about skill." He does this all the time. It's maddening. He reminds me of someone who practices in front of the mirror at home.
He also does his "monster play of the game" where he talks in this three-pronged manner, and raises his voice as he continues describing the monster play of the game building to a crescendo as he claims that why so-and-so is the monster play of the game!!! Then tiers off low, as his dénouement.
Is it just me? Does anyone like this guy?
People complain about Don Cherry, but Cherry is entertaining. He has something to say, and he's real. Everything about McGuire seems contrived.
He makes me angry.

No comments: